DOCUMENTS FOR MARRIAGE REGISTRATION
Why Choose Dastawezz ?
In India the Supreme Court in 2006 made it mandatory to register all marriages. Such a marriage can either be registered under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 or under the Special Marriage Act, 1954. The Hindu Marriage Act applies to Hindus, whereas the Special Marriage Act applies to all citizens of India irrespective of their religion. The Hindu Marriage Act provides for registration of an already solemnized marriage and does not provide for solemnization of a marriage by a Marriage Registrar. However, the Special Marriage Act provides for solemnization of a marriage as well as registration by a Marriage Officer. To be eligible for marriage in India, the minimum age is 21 years for males and 18 years for females. The register marriage process is applicable only for the above-mentioned age for men and women.
Hindu Marriage Act
- Verification of all the documents is done on the date of application and a day is fixed and communicated to the parties for registration.
- On the appointed day, both parties, along with a Gazetted Officer who attended their marriage, need to be present before the SDM.
- The certificate is issued on the same day.
- Fill in the husband’s details and choose “Registration of Marriage Certificate”.
- Fill in the Marriage Certificate form and choose the date of appointment. Click “Submit Application” You will be allotted a temporary number that will be found printed on the acknowledgement slip and application form is done.
Take a printout of the acknowledgement slip as well.
ADVANTAGES / FEATURES
- If you are applying for a passport or opening a bank account after the wedding, then a Marriage Certificate is required and also for getting a ration from the government.
- Extremely helpful in obtaining visas for both husband and wife. As the foreign embassies in India as well as in countries outside India, do not recognize traditional marriages, the Marriage Certificate is mandatory for the couple to travel abroad using a spouse visa.
- Enables a spouse in claiming life insurance return or bank deposits in case of demise of the Insurer or depositor without any nominee.
- Completely filled application form signed by both husband and wife
- Self Attested Proof of Address- Voter ID/ Ration Card/ Passport, Driving License
- Self Attested Proof of Date of Birth of both husband and wife 2 passport sized photographs, 1 marriage photograph
- Separate Marriage Affidavits in prescribed format from Husband & Wife
- Self Attested Aadhaar Card
- Self Attested Marriage Invitation Card