RENT DEED AGREEMENT
Why Choose Dastawezz ?
A Rental Deed or Rental Agreement is a contract between a landlord and tenant, where the former gives the latter the right to occupy a home or residential premises for a certain period. A rental agreement can be verbal, written or implied but a written agreement serves as evidence and also includes the terms and conditions which are mutually-accepted by both parties. It is one of the most vital documents for both parties to avoid any future disputes.
The following are the main clauses found in a rental agreement:
- Details of the landlord, tenant and the rental property
- Rental Period and conditions of renewal of rent deed
- Lock- in clause, barring the termination of the agreement for a stipulated period of time by both parties
- The monthly rent and other charges including taxes to be paid
- Fittings, fixtures, repairs and alterations to be made
- Permitted manner of usage of premises and visiting clause
- Registration clause stating legal enforceability of registered agreements only
Upon drafting the rental agreement/deed on stamp paper, it must be signed by the landlord and tenant in the presence of two witnesses. After that, it must be registered at the sub registrar’s office.
ADVANTAGES / FEATURES
- A registered rental agreement is vital for avoiding any disputes in the landlord-tenant relationship which also protects their rights.
- The landlord/tenant should never settle for an oral agreement since it is not bound by law and therefore, should always insist on executing and registering a written rental agreement.
- It acts as legal evidence and can protect the landlord from any legal dispute in the future.
- The original proof of ownership or title of the property
- Property documents or tax receipt of the property to be leased
- Two photographs of each of the parties and one of each of the witnesses
- Copy of the address proof of both the parties and witnesses (Passport, Aadhar Card, Ration Card, Bank Passbook or Driving License)
- Route map of the property leased out