Why Choose Dastawezz ?
Tax Deduction and Collection Account Number better (TAN) is a 10-digit alphanumeric unique number which is required to be obtained by all persons who are responsible for deducting or collecting the tax. It is allotted by the Income Tax (IT) Department under Section 203A of the Income Tax Act, 1961. It is required to be mandatorily quoted on all Tax Deducted at Source (TDS) returns.
Step 1- The TAN application needs to be filled in Form 49B online available on the NSDL website.
Step 2- One must again check their entire form and click on the confirmation button.
Step 3- After confirmation, one will receive the acknowledgement slip. It would contain a 14 digit number, name and details of Applicant, space for signature and payment details.
Step 4- One must sign the Acknowledgement slip and send it along with a Demand Draft (DD) of Rs. 65 (payable as fees for TAN application) to NSDL, Pune.
Step 5- If all the details are correct and the acknowledgement slip and DD is received by NSDL, they will send the TAN card to the applicant by post.
ADVANTAGES / FEATURES
- TAN helps one to deposit TDS to the Central Government account.
- The Income Tax Department (ITD) uses TAN to auto-capture data like name, address and Postal Index Number of the TAN holder.
- TAN is used for filing TDS returns, generate challans and certificates.
- No supporting documents are required to be submitted.
- Only signed acknowledgement slip along with DD is required to be submitted via post.